“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
The mission of the Stewardship Committee is to encourage the wise use of the generous gifts of God.
- Enlisting members in a full use of their gifts and abilities for the furtherance of the Church’s work
How it’s done:
Currently new members are given a “spiritual gifts” inventory tool to complete and when it’s complete, this information is then forwarded to ministry leaders to help match talents with needs. Periodically the entire congregation is asked to offer their time and talents via a survey/inventory/interest form and again the compiled information is disbursed to ministry leaders.
- Encouraging regular and generous contributions of money for the support of this congregation and the Church’s worldwide mission
How it’s done:
Each fall a financial stewardship campaign is held, encouraging members to pledge their financial support for the coming year. It has taken on a number of formats:
- A consecration Sunday format – members complete and offer their pledges at worship
- A relay format – members receive a packet complete their pledges; and send the packet on to the next household on their list
- A celebration dinner format – members share a potluck dinner and offer their completed pledges at the dinner.
Over the years, the Stewardship Committee has also been chartered to organize special financial campaigns. If serving in this area, appeals to you, please contact us to express your interest.