“For I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me drink I was a stranger and you visited me, naked and you clothed me… ” Matthew 25:35-36
Our mission is to serve as Jesus served.
We raise awareness, provide skill and offer an opportunity for networking to build our community and provide support to those in need.
We work both inside and outside the “church” to help others. We rely on our Pastor, agencies such as Ascentria Care Alliance (formerly Lutheran Social Services), local food pantries, and others to suggest people or groups we might assist. We offer our support and help organize events such as fund-raising and community organizing.
Social Ministry is more than charity – it is working together toward a common goal and serving as Jesus teaches us to do.
Some of the ongoing Social Ministry Activities:
- Prayer Chain Ministry
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Stephen Ministry
- World Hunger Collection
- Outreach to Families with New Babies
- Outreach to Older Members of the Congregation
- Outreach to College Students
The Social Ministry has also coordinated a number of projects and outreach to people in need, in Foxboro and across the globe. Just to name a few:
- Families in Need in Foxboro and surrounding communities
- Holiday Giving / sponsor a family at Christmas
- Collections for homeless shelters (e.g. coats, mugs, towels, etc.)
- Food collection for local food pantry
- Worcester Fire Victim Collection
- Barnyard Project (elca.org/hunger)
- Collection for Women’s Domestic Violence Shelter
- Greater Boston Food Bank
- Walk for Hunger
We are all called to love and serve our neighbor. If serving on this ministry team, appeals to you, you are invited to join us at our meetings. Please check the calendar for monthly meeting dates and times, and come, or you can contact us to express your interest.