From the Pastor
I simply cannot believe how quickly time flies! It seems like it was just Christmas and now we are stepping into March already! Lent and Easter are both on the early side for 2018. This means of course that in March we will be in the thick of the season of Lent.
In years past for our mid-week Lenten gatherings we have had many different representatives from many different denominations come to speak with us about their faith traditions. This year we are doing something related to past years in that we will have representatives from different world religions come and speak to us. Thus far we have the following:
- Wednesday, February 21- The priest Akash Pandya from the Umiya Dham Hindu Temple of Foxboro is scheduled to make a presentation on Hinduism.
- Wednesday, February 28- Imam Abdur Rahman from the Islamic Center of Sharon will speak to us about Islamism.
- Wednesday, March 7- Rabbi Joseph Meszler from Temple Sinai of Sharon will speak to us about Judaism.
- Wednesday, March 14- Erin Pelletier will speak to us about Buddhism.
- Wednesday, March 21- We hope to have someone representing the Wicca religion make a presentation to us.
- Thursday, March 29- We will observe Maundy Thursday with a service of Word & Sacrament.
- Friday, March 30- We will observe Good Friday with our traditional Good Friday liturgy.
All of the above services will begin at 7:00 p.m. We will celebrate the Resurrection of Our Lord on Sunday, April 1 at our usual Sunday worship times of 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. We will not have Christian Education classes on April 1 as we will be hosting our Easter breakfast starting at 9:30 and continuing till close to 11:00 a.m.
As you can see from the above, the month of March will provide us with many opportunities to gather together and enjoy our Christian community!
Pr. Rick Schlak